Friday 12 June 2009

Unit 18 - Icons Project

For this project, I was asked to create 5 different Icons to replace five icons on the Apple iPhone. Each icon had to fit in with a specific genre, those genres being; Comedy, Horror, War, Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

The image on the right shows my finished icons actually in place on the iPhone.

I created them in PhotoShop using a graphics tablet. I saved them as .gif files suitable for web display, and made the backgrounds transparent so that only the icons would show up when placed on the iPhone.

I have tried - when designing - to make the colour schemes of each icon match the genre, and made sure to use images that can be immediately recognised for their genres. I believe I have managed to keep to my original intentions with regards to the designs of my five icons. They are the same in size, shape, colour and image as my initial drawings, which I am happy about. They have turned out pretty much how I expected them to and hoped they would. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment