Monday 2 November 2009

3D Modelling - The Pumpkin

Using a tutorial to refine the more complex parts of this model, I have managed to create a Halloween Pumpkin using 3D Studio Max. I am very happy with how it has turned out, and considering I have only been playing with Max for a couple of weeks, feel very proud of this achievement.

With a little support from my Tutor, Chris, I managed to add in some suttle lighting effects, with the intention of making it look that little bit more 'creepy'. I feel it has worked.
The only negative is it is a little dark against the black background, but when I tried to amend this, it lost the 'spooky' feel I was going for as it was too illuminated.

But other than this, I am really happy with this model. Not only was it successful, but it was also fun to make, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment