Sunday 27 March 2011

Decisions, Decisions....

Coldplay - Fix You

Keane - She Has No Time

Owl City - If My Heart Was a House / Vanilla Twilight

Snow Patrol - You Could Be Happy

You Me At Six - Fireworks / Liquid Confidence

All of these are (in my honest opinion) lyrically beautiful. They all also effectively tell a story, which is, I guess, the whole point of Visual Communication, when you get down to it. So to have a song where they lyrics are going to be supportive of any imagery added in (and here I'm thinking about Barthes' theories of Relay) will make the story that little bit simpler to understand in the long-run. They are also mostly fairly slow songs in terms of pace and tempo. This would be greatly beneficial to me with regards to how I could go about making the hypothetical video. For a fast-paced song, a lot more images would be required to coincide with the lyrics. But with fewer lyrics, I can use fewer images, thus subsequently making my job that little bit less complicated.

Considering time-scales, I'm still uncertain as to whether or not creating an actual video is going to work out. Perhaps I should start off by creating a storyboard to accompany my chosen song. Then, I can decide whether or not to make an increased version of that storyboard, or work on turning part of the song into a music video.

Either way, I will still be making the content in the same way as I had originally planned: photogaphy / moving image representative of individual lyrics to then be manipulated into a comic-book style using computer software. Mother Earth, help me. This is going to be the longest few weeks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment