Tuesday 5 April 2011

Night-time Photoshoot - Victoria Mills

The main (new) building and Walkway

The old building (over the Tennis Court)

The Fountain and Runway (Lighter Filter)

The Fountain and Runway (Darker Filter)

The Chimney

Yesterday, I was staying over at Victoria Mills, and was captivated by the sights of the chimney and the walkways all illuminated. I took a number of photographs, with the intention of manipulating the strangest one to suit the style of my Comic-book storyboard idea (see below).

The images above are all quite dark, but this was deliberate. I had a go at using different filters on the Camera to get different effects, but found that to tie in with previous entries about darkness, shadow and contrast, leaving the settings to compliment the hour of day worked really well.

The images require careful study to make clear sense of what they depict, due to the intense use of shadow. But by adding in captions beneath each image (Anchorage and Relay, Barthes), I can explain a little easier the key features shown.


















The Chimney Base (Original)











The Chimney Base (My Manipulated Comic-Style)

No comments:

Post a Comment