Friday 8 April 2011

Media Product - Vanilla Twilight - Image Reel

"When Violet Eyes Get Brighter,
And Heavy Wings Grow Lighter,
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again."


Image and Lyric Breakdown:
  • When - Clock / Time representation
  • Violet - The plant, Violet
  • Eyes - My dog, Bailey's eye
  • Get - Online Adobe download message
  • Brighter - Two versions of the same lightbulb in my room, with altered brightness of lens flare
  • And - '&' key from my iPod Touch (took a photograph)
  • Heavy - 'Heavy Load' sign
  • Wings - Bird in Flight
  • Grow - Plant Growing
  • Lighter - Feather - as in 'light as a feather'
  • I'll - Photo of me
  • Taste - Two angles of a mouth tasting a lollipop
  • The - 'Highlighted the T, H and E keys on a standard laptop keyboard in red
  • Sky - Sky shot and edge of Victoria Mills, Saltaire
  • And - '&' key from my iPod Touch (took a photograph)
  • Feel - Hand feeling fabric
  • Alive - Heart-monitor to represent life
  • Again - Cover of the DVD '17 Again'


Below is the background image, so you can see what it would look like without the image reel over the top - although, again, I have kept it in the same comic-book style as the rest of the images. It is supposed to represent the song - by depicting a 'Vanilla Twilight'.

Vanilla Twilight - 'Oh, Darling, I wish you were here'.

1 comment:

  1. The media product is an interesting montage/composition. Illustrating the lyrics was a neat idea in your case and has come off quite well. As a full-blown illustration project, I guess that this is still a work in progress.
    The blog indicates a really good understanding of a range of concepts associated with visual communication. Being able to apply these ideas – e.g. semiotics – to your own work and image creation is one of the main things that we are looking for. So, well done. Your level of awareness and ability to turn this into analysis is commendable. The level of detail is also good, keep going.

    ReplyDelete